AXEON™ Shimmers are used to produce a bright, sparkled look when printed. Add interest and bling to your designs! AXEON™ Shimmers print just like a traditional plastisol and designs made with Shimmers may be applied to light or dark fabrics.
This product will spot dry, with a very low after flash tack. Dwell time is dependent on the spot dryer used. In some cases, you may have to lower the heat of the spot cure unit because too much heat may actually make the ink tacky. When you spot dry, you are only partially fusing or gelling the surface of the ink. The ink should just be dry to the touch, with no lift off, but not totally fused. Totally fusing the underprint white may cause inter-coat adhesion problems with the inks printed on top of the white ink. Final fusing or curing will occur in the dryer. Failure
- The Shimmer inks are low bleed inks, not non-bleed inks. On some types of fabric, bleeding or dye migration may occur. Always test print the fabric to be printed before beginning production. It is best to do some long term testing on some fabrics to determine if they are going to bleed. Bleeding or dye migration may not occur immediately.
- Thinning this product may reduce the metallic sparkle.Thinning this product may reduce the sparkle.
- Print the Shimmer inks last in a design, when printing wet on wet, to avoid excessive pick-up of the ink.
- Too high of a temperature in the dryer, above 350°F (177°C), may reduce the brilliance of the Shimmer inks.
- For better adhesion on some fabrics it may be necessary to add the 900 Catalyst for proper adhesion.
- The Shimmers will spot dry, with a very low after flash tack, in 2 to 8 seconds depending on the spot dryer used. This allows the inks to be printed earlier in a design when desired.
- Print Shimmer last in the design to avoid excessive pick-up of the shimmer flakes.
- The Gold and Silver Shimmers have good opacity on dark fabrics. However, in some instances, when printing through finer mesh counts, double hits with or without a flash may be needed.
- Do not mix shimmers with opaque inks as they will block out or cover the Shimmer flakes.
For best durability of the Shimmers after they are applied, it is recommended that the garment be hand washed or machine washed (delicate cycle) inside out and line or air dried. Do not use bleach. Do not iron printed area. Test dryer temperatures and wash test printed product before and during a production run.
This ink and those in the Axeon product line are not formulated with PVC resin, nor are they intentionally added.
Care should be taken to not cross-contaminate the Axeon products with PVC containing products.
Do not use standard plastisol curable reducers with this or any of the Axeon products.